This frozen orange ice is the perfect way to cool off. Made with orange juice and lemon juice it is refreshing and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Is it hot where you live?
The perfect way to stay cool is a bowl of something cold and frosty. Orange Ice is the perfect solution for hot summer days and one of the bonuses is, it is dairy free. If you have a non-dairy eater at your house this is the perfect way for them to enjoy a frosty treat too.
Made with fresh orange juice it is so refreshing!
Orange Juice. I have used fresh squeezed orange juice and I have also bought orange juice from the grocery store and both work great.
Lemon Juice. I find that fresh squeezed lemon juice will give you the best flavor.
This recipe is an easy one to tweek to your own taste. I think next time I may try lemon and lime juice. It would be fun to use blood oranges too and the color would be oh so pretty!
How to Make Orange Ice
- Make your simple syrup first.
- Boil the sugar and water together in a sauce pan on the stove for five minutes.
- Put the mixture into the refrigerator to cool.
- Pour your juices and orange rind into the simple syrup once it is cooled.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Tips For making orange ice
- The shallower the container you put your orange ice into to cool, the faster it will harden and be ready to eat.
- I like to store ice in an insulated ice cream tub to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- The orange ice will keep for 3- 4 weeks if stored properly in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ice Cream has milk and other dairy products in it. Ice is dairy free, no milk, and is made with a base of water and sugar.Because of the milk, ice cream is creamier then an ice. An ice lives up to its name, it is icy.
Looking for more dessert recipes?
Find my favorite ice cream maker here.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice fresh or reconstituted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice fresh
- rind of two oranges
- Mix water and sugar together in pan and boil for 5 minutes. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- Add in juice and rind.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to directions.