I am so excited to welcome Amy of The Idea Room to the blog today. She was one of the first blogs I started following and has been a favorite ever since! She has a great recipe for you and a cute printable tag too. Be sure to visit her over at her blog to enter to win a Blendtec Blender and then check out what Mique and Cindy are sharing as part of the Craft and Sew!
I am so happy to be here today. I just love Leigh Anne, don’t you? My name is Amy and I can normally be found over at The Idea Room. Today I would love to share with you this delicious Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe. This recipe is the perfect Fall Bread and makes a great gift for neighbors and friends.
I love that this bread has a great texture and tastes delicious. The orange and cranberries give the bread a festive look which adds to the overall presentation. I found some fun paper loaf pans and used them to bake the Orange Cranberry Bread in. It would be fun to be able to give them to your friends and neighbors in these disposable loaf pans. You could also gift the bread in new mini loaf pans so that your friends can keep the mini loaf pans for their own use.
Simply take a brown paper bag and cut a 1.5 inch strip that will wrap around the bread and tape it on the bottom of the bread. Add some fun embellishments and one of the printable Holiday Gift Tags. Tie them and secure the embellishments in place with some ribbon or baker’s twine. To download the printable Holiday Gift Tags, simply click on the link below:
This recipe filled 3 mini loaf pans or will make one regular sized bread loaf.
Thanks so much for letting me share this with you! I hope you will make some! Also feel free to download the Holiday Gift Tags for other gifts you may be giving this Holiday Season! I would love for you stop on over to The Idea Room and check out some of the other DIY Projects, gift ideas and printables I have shared with you! Be sure to stop by to enter the giveaway for a Blendtec Blender too!
Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice fresh squeezed is best
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.