I hope you don’t mind one more peppermint recipe.
I do apologize to all you non-peppermint eaters. I’ll try to do better next time! But aren’t they pretty!? Oatmeal Peppermint Dipped Cookies
Not only do I love the flavor of this cookie but I love the texture. The chewiness of the oatmeal cookie is great but is made so much better when it is dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane. Chewy and crunchy!
I used my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe and instead of chocolate chips I used the Andes Peppermint Baking Chips. I know it is getting to be a bit late in the season and unless you have a stash of them like I do they may be hard to find right now. You could use a mint chip instead. They would even be good with a white chocolate chip or no chip at all.
After the cookies are baked and cooled I melted some Wilton Vanilla Chips and just dipped one end of the cookie. Place it on a cookie sheet and then sprinkle with some chopped up candy cane.
Let the white chocolate set up and then munch away!!
- Cream until fluffy:
- 1 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 C regular oats not instant
- 1 C Andes Peppermint Baking Chips or other chip. mint or white chocolate
- 2 C white chocolate almond bark or Wilton Vanilla Melts for dipping
- Crushed candy cane for sprinkling.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add in vanilla and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add in chips.
- Dough can be formed into a roll and refrigerated or frozen or baked right away.
- Just use a cookie scoop, don’t form them into a log.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- After they cool, melt some white chocolate, almond bark or Wilton Vanilla Chips and dip one end of the cookie into the chocolate about 1/3 of the way.
- Lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Allow to set up.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!