Not only do I love the flavor of this peppermint oatmeal cookie but I love the texture. The chewiness of the oatmeal cookie is great but is made so much better when it is dipped in white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy cane. Chewy and crunchy!
How to Make Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
- I used my favorite oatmeal cookie recipe
- I use Andes Peppermint Baking Chips but they may be hard to find and are only available during the holidays. If you can’t find them you can use a mint chip, a white chocolate chip or just leave the chips out. The cookies have plenty of flavor without them.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes.
- Move the cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Melt 2 cups of white chocolate chips or Wilton Vanilla Chips.
- Dip one end of the cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Place on the baking rack and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Let the white chocolate set up and then munch away!! If you are in a hurry, place the peppermint oatmeal cookies in the refrigerator to set them up faster.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Peppermint Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups regular oats not instant
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Baking Chips or use white chocolate chips
- 2 cups white chocolate almond bark or Wilton Vanilla Melts for dipping
- Crushed candy cane
- Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix in.
- Add in chips.
- Dough can be formed into a roll and refrigerated or frozen or baked right away.
- Just use a cookie scoop, don’t form them into a log.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
- After they cool, melt some white chocolate, almond bark or Wilton Vanilla Chips and dip one end of the cookie into the chocolate about 1/3 of the way.
- Lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
- Allow to set up.