I am on a bit of a cranberry kick lately. To be honest with you I really haven’t done much with cranberries in the past. I don’t know why but I think I made up for it this week. I’ve used cranberries in three different recipes.
Of course there were those amazing eggnog, cranberry and white chocolate muffins from last Muffin Monday. So I am thinking if you gave those a try you still might have some fresh cranberries in your refrigerator?
Well, today’s muffin recipe will help you use them up but save a few for another cranberry recipe I am going to share later this week – you are going to want to try it too.
I decided to combine the cranberry with pineapple and it turned out to be a delightful combination. The crushed pineapple add a lot of moisture to the muffin so it was light and moist.
A sprinkling of brown sugar on the top before baking gave a great flavor and a nice texture to the muffin. I have decided I definitely prefer a muffin with a crispy, crunch on top.
And because I know you are going to ask – those cute little fluted muffin liners came from The Decorette Shop in Tigard. I did not see them in their online store though, only in the actual storefront. There are lots of cute cupcake liners in their online store though.
Cranberry Pineapple Muffins may just the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving morning breakfast.
- 1 C whole fresh cranberries chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 milk
- 1/4 C melted butter
- 1/2 C drained crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine together the cranberries, egg, milk, butter and pineapple
- In a separate bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir just until moistened - do not over stir
- Grease muffin tins or use liners
- Add batter, filling about 2/3 full
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!