Lemon Sugar Cookies are like enjoying a tall glass of lemonade on a warm summer day!
Lemon Sugar Cookies are the perfect solution for when life gives you rain – make lemon cookies! With two straight months of record breaking rainfall here in Portland any hint or taste of Spring is welcome.
I am a huge sugar cookie fan and lemon is my number one flavor choice. I like sugar cookies on the thinner side, crispy on the edges but still chewy in the middle. I also like my sugar cookies frosted! So these lemon frosted sugar cookies are pretty much perfection in my book, at least as far as a sugar cookie goes!! You can find my all time FAVORITE sugar cookie right here but these take a close second.
If there was a flavor of the season, lemon is definitely it for Spring. I can’t quite get enough of it and over on my blog I’ve been sharing such lovely lemon recipes as White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake, Lemon Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake, and Lemon Streusel Muffins. Give me all the lemon!!
Printable Recipe for Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookies
Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- milk enjoy to make a good spreading consistency
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, lemon zest and juice.
- Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, putting cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Mix together frosting ingredients and beat until smooth and a good spreading consistency.
- Allow cookies to cool and then frost.
Want Tips for Working with Lemons?
Want my Top 10 Tips for working with lemons? Enter your email below and get the printable download instantly! You'll also be subscribed to my newsletter so you can stay updated on my latest recipes.