In just a few minutes you can make your own homemade bath salts with a few simple ingredients.
For an activity with some of the girls at church, we made a fun, easy and inexpensive gift for the girl’s to give to their mothers for Mother’s Day.
Homemade Bath Salt Ingredients
- 1 C Epsom salt
- 1/3 C table salt
- 2/3 C baking soda
- 2-3 drops essential oil, lavender or lemon
We used lavender and lemon essential oil. Lavender for the moms that wanted a nice relaxing bath and lemon for the mom’s that wanted a little, happy pick me up!
What is Epsom Salt?
Epsom Salt, which is also known as magnesium sulfate really isn’t salt. It is used in bath salts because it dissolves well in warm water and releases magnesium and sulfate ions, which helps relieve muscle tension.
How to Make Homemade Bath Salts
- Use a large ziploc bag to mix bath salts in.
- Place salts and baking soda into bag.
- Add 2 -3 drops of essential oil. This made enough for each of the girls to fill a one cup jelly jar and then have some extra to take home in their plastic bag for themselves.
- Mix it all together and pour it into jars.
How to Decorate Jar
- Cut out circles of fabric or paper that are the size of the lid of the jar.
- Use glue to attach it to the lid.
- Place the ring of the lid on and then wrap around the ring with ribbon or Baker’s twine.
- Add a label to the jar. I printed off labels that I downloaded from The Idea Room.
Since the girl’s mothers would be picking them up we had to wrap the gift so they wouldn’t see it. I used brown paper lunch bags and just covered the top with a little doily and punched a hole in it and tied it closed with some more baker’s twine. So easy and so cute!
They were already to take home and tuck away until Mother’s Day.
For other fun Activity Day Ideas check out these
Leave a Review