This Artichoke Mushroom Marinara Sauce is a grown up version of your basic marinara sauce. Kid’s will love it too!
I first served this marinara sauce several years ago at a dinner party. Typically I don’t serve spaghetti at a dinner party but this sophisticated marinara sauce is definitely dinner party worthy. It was a big hit at the party too.
The addition of mushrooms, artichoke hearts and black olives dresses up a ordinary marinara sauce, makes it a little bit more grown up in taste and appearance. This recipe is made even easier because it uses canned tomato sauce, chicken broth and olives. All things I keep on my pantry shelf! A well stocked pantry can make all the difference when it comes to being able to prepare nutritious and flavorful meals for your family.
The marinara sauce comes to together quickly and easily and after a little simmering you have a delicious marinara sauce.
At our house we serve it over quinoa pasta for my gluten free eaters and then top it with a little grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.
Of course a loaf of hot french bread and a nice green salad make it a complete meal.
Artichoke Mushroom Marinara Sauce
- 6 oz. marinated artichoke hearts chopped and drained. Save juice.
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 C onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 12 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 2.5 oz. can sliced black olives drained
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pan heat up artichoke juice.
- Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to liquid and saute over high heat for minutes.
- Add artichokes and remaining ingredients except pasta.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.