Thanks to several Facebook requests Muffin Monday is back. It got lost in all the holiday happenings, baking and cooking but it’s back and it’s back with a good one!
These muffins were so yummy I made them twice last week.
These muffins were so yummy I spent over $4.00 on a pint of fresh raspberries! They are so worth it.
Maybe you remember that amazing Eggnog Cranberry White Chocolate Muffin recipe? (Next time you can get your hands on some egg not, you really must make them) I took that recipe and tweeked it a bit – made it a bit more Springy. Although it’s not Spring here yet we are being optimistic.
I used one of my favorite flavor combination – raspberry and white chocolate. Pure heaven!
These muffins have a light sprinkling of sugar on the top to give it a little extra sweetness and some crunch. They are truly amazing warm but are delicious cool too.
They are definitely worth the price and effort of finding some fresh raspberries.
Welcome back Muffin Monday – we’re glad to have you!!
- 1 6 oz. container of raspberries
- 1 C sugar, plus 2 Tbsp for topping
- ¼ C butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ C flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C whipping cream
- ½ C milk (I used 2 percent)
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- In a bowl combine raspberries (washed) and ¼ C sugar and let sit while you assemble the rest of the muffins
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and ¾ C sugar
- Beat in eggs and extracts
- In another bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt
- Add to butter mixture, alternating with milk and cream
- Stir in chips
- Gently fold in raspberries
- Line muffin tins with liners or grease well
- Fill cups ¾ full
- Combine brown sugar and remaining white sugar
- Sprinkle over the top of batter
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Best served warm
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!