So I am still working on perfecting the dessert menu for the women’s event coming up at church in a couple of weeks. Those yummy Key Lime Bars definitely made the cut. But I knew I needed at least one or two chocolate based recipes. What would a church event for women be without chocolate?!?
Thanks to Val for sharing this yummy chocolate recipe with me. Not only did she share it but she sent it to me on a darling recipe card she got from the blog where she found the recipe.
Val’s recipe will also be showing up on that dessert bar.
This recipe combines lots of favorite flavors – chocolate, raspberry and cream cheese – yum!!
I used frozen raspberries which worked fine, just make sure to thaw and drain them well. Fresh raspberries would be wonderful too! If any of the bars happen to last through the day be sure and refrigerate them overnight because of the cream cheese.
- 1 C flour 2 C sugar
- 7 oz butter
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 5 oz raspberries
- 14 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter with 1 cup sugar and mix
- Add 3 eggs one at a time
- Melt the chocolate and mix it in with the butter and sugar
- Gently fold in 1 cup of flour
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan and line with parchment paper
- Put the cream cheese in a big bowl, add 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix until it is smooth
- Spread 2/3 of the brownie mix on the bottom of the pan
- Pour the cream cheese on top
- Add spoonsfuls of remaining brownie mix on top of cream cheese and marble it together with a knife
- Sprinkle raspberries on top and push them into the cream cheese
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them into squares