These Jam Filled Muffins have a fun little surprise inside!
So I am a little sleep deprived from our long drive home from Utah so this is going to be a short post.
I love surprises, at least most of the time. At least when they don’t include snow and ice covered roads.
It is fun to bite into something yummy and find something even yummier inside.
Today’s muffins fit that description. A yummy spice flavored muffin filled with a surprise – raspberry jam. You could use any flavor jam you like, I just happen to have some homemade raspberry jam in my refrigerator.
I’ve had this recipe for years and don’t even remember who originally gave it to me. I’m glad they did!
This recipe doesn’t make a very big batch – I think I barely got 11 muffins out of it. They are yummy so you might want to consider doubling the batch. The cinnamon sugar topping is another bonus. Something sweet in the middle and something sweet on top!
- 1½ C flour
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ½ C milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- ¼ C raspberry jam
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ C sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in a bowl
- In another bowl mix together the egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla
- Add the liquid into the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened
- Put half the batter into the greased muffin cup. Add 1 tsp jam in center of each muffin and then fill the muffin cup with the remaining batter - about ⅔ full
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan onto a rack
- Dip tops of muffins into melted better and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Serve warm
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!