We try to grill as much as possible in the summer. We love to grill meats and vegetables and our newest favorite thing to throw on the grill is pineapple.
I just buy the fresh pineapple from Costco – it is already trimmed, cored and peeled. This grilled pineapple is so good you can use it as a side dish or dessert. It is delicious by itself or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My husband is on the Zone Diet so I just leave the glaze off of his piece and just grill it plain – it’s great that way too but extra good with the glaze!
Warm pineapple is so good!
If you need a quick and easy summer side dish or dessert give it a try.
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I didn't add the pepper)
- Trim, core, and peel pineapple
- Cut into quarters from top to bottom
- Slice out the core from each quarter
- Cut each quarter slice into four pieces (two pieces lengthwise and two crosswise)
- You should now have 12 wedges of pineapple (about 3-inch by 1-inch each)
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon or lime juice, and black pepper
- Brush the glaze onto each slice of pineapple, coating completely
- Preheat barbecue grill
- Either oil or spray the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray
- Place pineapple wedges on the grill and cook approximately 4 minutes on each side (turning so that grill marks are on all sides) until the pineapple becomes fragrant and starts to dry out on the surface
- NOTE: Don't overcook, or they'll turn mushy
- Remove from the grill and brush with any additional glaze one more time
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings