Grilled Pineapple is so easy to do and makes a delicious accompaniment to any main dish.
We try to grill as much as possible in the summer. We love to grill meats and vegetables and our newest favorite thing to throw on the grill is pineapple.
I just buy the fresh pineapple from Costco – it is already trimmed, cored and peeled. This grilled pineapple is so good you can use it as a side dish or dessert. It is delicious by itself or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
My husband is on the Zone Diet so I just leave the glaze off of his piece and just grill it plain – it’s great that way too but extra good with the glaze!
Warm pineapple is so good!
If you need a quick and easy summer side dish or dessert give it a try.
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I didn't add the pepper)
- Trim, core, and peel pineapple
- Cut into quarters from top to bottom
- Slice out the core from each quarter
- Cut each quarter slice into four pieces (two pieces lengthwise and two crosswise)
- You should now have 12 wedges of pineapple (about 3-inch by 1-inch each)
- In a small bowl, combine honey, lemon or lime juice, and black pepper
- Brush the glaze onto each slice of pineapple, coating completely
- Preheat barbecue grill
- Either oil or spray the grill rack with non-stick cooking spray
- Place pineapple wedges on the grill and cook approximately 4 minutes on each side (turning so that grill marks are on all sides) until the pineapple becomes fragrant and starts to dry out on the surface
- NOTE: Don't overcook, or they'll turn mushy
- Remove from the grill and brush with any additional glaze one more time
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 6 servings