I was planning on sharing another Lovely Lemon recipe with you today but we are a divided camp at our house. Half of my children are lemon lovers/mint haters and the other half are mint lovers/lemon haters. I love lemons and mint.
So when the doorbell rang this week and there was my cute little neighbor delivering my Girl Scout cookies (I actually had 3 different Brownies delivering cookies to my house – I can’t say no to them!) I remembered a recipe I have been saving for almost a year now for Thin Mint Pizza Supreme. So in fairness to the mint lovers at my house you will have to wait until next week for another lemon recipe.
Although I love many of the different varieties of Girl Scout cookies (except for Samoas – I don’t do coconut!) my favorite Girl Scout cookie is the Thin Mint -there is nothing better than a frozen thin mint cookie right out of the freezer.
I also love Girl Scouts. I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout growing up and my mom was my leader. Not only was she my troop leader but she was also the President of our Council and my dad was in charge of fund raising for the Council, so you can see why we love our Girl Scout cookies.
Wasn’t I a cute Brownie!
My girls have also been involved in Girl Scouts and I was a Brownie leader too. We have had our share of cookie selling at this house -hundreds of boxes over the years!
I found today’s recipe in a Rachel Ray magazine but after all my Thin Mints were gone so I have been waiting for this year’s delivery of Thin Mints so I could try it. It did not disappoint.
Leave a comment below and let me know what your favorite Girl Scout cookie is!
- One roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Half of a box of Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (I used about 16)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream or half and half
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12 inch pizza pan or a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- (I used my Pampered chef pizza stone and did not use parchment paper) using your fingers, press the cookie dough to fit the pan.
- Break the Thin Mints into quarters and gently press them into the dough.
- Bake until golden brown 15 minutes or so.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler, whisk together the white chocolate chips and cream until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from the heat.
- Using a fork, drizzle the topping over the cooled pizza.
- Cut into slices.