This Copycat Starbucks Coffee Cake may just be better than the real thing!
Easter is sneaking up on me this year – it’s next Sunday!
One of my favorite things about Easter is Easter Brunch/Breakfast. Because of our church schedule this year (we go from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.) we will be having breakfast before church and Easter Dinner after church.
Whether we are having Easter breakfast or Easter brunch – a good coffeecake is a must-have on the menu.
This is a simple and easy coffeecake that uses a yellow cake mix. I don’t know how it compares to the real Starbucks Coffee Cake because I have never had it. If you give this recipe a try and you’ve had the real thing – let me know how it compares.
Starbucks Coffee Cake will be part of our menu for Easter breakfast. I’ll share what’s for Easter dinner on Thursday!
Copycat Recipe – Starbucks Coffee Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix 9plus ingredients on back of box)
- 2 sticks cold salted butter
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare cake mix in large bowl according to directions on box.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- While cake is baking, prepare crumb topping.
- In large bowl of electric mixer combine butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until all crumbly.
- Immediately after cake is removed from oven, break crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over top.
- Put back in oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (topping will begin to look a less less wet/raw) let cool fully then dust with powdered sugar using a sieve.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!