I’ve heard from quite a few of you who have made up batches of White Chocolate Popcorn and Best Hot Fudge Sauce to give as holiday gifts. Thanks for letting me know! Well, if you are looking for another quick and easy gift for teachers, neighbors or friends I’ve got one for you! It will be no surprise, but this one also involves white chocolate!
When I visit my college kids or family in Utah I have a list of stores I always visit. One of the stores is a cute little gift shop with all kinds of fun goodies. They make an amazing selection of different flavored popcorn and pretzels. My favorite, and the one I always buy a bag or two of is their Cinnamon/White Chocolate pretzels. I love them!
So of course, I had to see if I could figure out a way to make them at home. I got on the computer and looked around a bit. I came across this recipe over at cd kitchen and used it as a starting place. I changed it a bit and they turned out perfect! I think they taste exactly like the ones I buy!! I love it when that happens!!
I made a batch on Sunday when we were snowed and iced in and church was cancelled. We are now on our third day of snow and ice (very unusal for Portland) and school has been cancelled for three days! As a result, I now need to make another batch to give away to friends as I have managed to munch my way through a good part of the batch I made on Sunday!!
I just used some clear cellophane bags and cute ribbon to package them up as I was snowed in and that’s all I had. Simple but cute!
Now I just need to go make another batch so I have something to give away!!!
One Year Ago: Organizing Tips – #1 Recipes
- 1 bag (18 oz.) small pretzels
- 2/3 C oil
- 1/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Extra cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
- White chocolate for drizzling
- In microwave safe bowl pour in pretzels
- Mix together oil, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl
- Pour over pretzels and mix well, making sure to coat pretzels
- Place in microwave for 2 minutes on high
- Check after first minute as they might burn
- Stir the mixture and continue cooking
- Microwave for 1 minute more
- When out of the microwave, stir again to make sure they are all coated
- Spread the pretzels onto two cookie sheets
- You want a single layer of pretzels
- While they are still hot sprinkle additional cinnamon sugar over the top
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top of pretzels
- Once white chocolate hardens put into air tight containers