The homemade treat I put in my sweet college boy’s Easter care package is Bunny Munch.
We love popcorn at our house, especially when it is combined with some form of chocolate. Several months ago I shared a recipe for White Chocolate Popcorn with Candy Corn. Bunny Munch is a variation of that recipe.
It wasn’t actually called Bunny Munch – I just call it that because I think it sounds cute and it goes with the Easter theme I have going.
The difference between Bunny Munch and the White Chocolate with Candy Corn popcorn is there is no candy corn in it. Candy corn is hard to find at Easter time and there is also peanut butter mixed in with the white chocolate. This is a yummy combination. The popcorn also has Reeses Pieces in it.
Somehow, some bunny (aka sweet husband) got into my Reeses Pieces and munched on them so I didn’t have enough when I went to make it. So I used part Reeses Pieces and part M&M’s – a great combination.
I found some cute inexpensive containers at the Dollar Store and filled them with Bunny Munch. Now sweet college boys will have something to munch on!
- 2 bags microwave popcorn
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (2 cups)
- ½ - 1 cup Reeses Pieces (and M&M's too if you want)
- Pop the popcorn then sift through to remove all unpopped kernels.
- Soften the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir into popcorn to evenly coat.
- Melt the white chocolate either in a double broiler or in the microwave (over 2 minutes on 50% power, then stir chips until smooth)
- Pour over popcorn and gently stir to coat popcorn evenly with chocolate.
- Add Reeses Pieces as you stir in the chocolate.
- Spread out popcorn on waxed paper to eat.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!