This Apple Sheet Cake with Maple Glaze tastes just like fall. The combination of apples, cinnamon and maple syrup screams fall!
Whenever I have to feed a crowd I love a good sheet cake and this apple sheet cake with maple glaze is a good one and tastes just like fall!
I love apple season here in the Pacific NW. We get lots of different varieties of apples and I love visiting the Farmer’s Market in the early fall when they let you taste the different varieties. One of my favorites is Honey Crisp but I’m a big fan of the Granny Smith apple, especially when it comes to baking. You get good flavor and texture with a granny smith and they are the perfect addition to this apple sheet cake.
Thanks to the apples, this cake is moist and has just the right amount of sweet.
I’m a frosting girl, so for me, the best part of this cake and any cake, is the frosting. This one is topped with a delicious maple syrup glaze. The glaze adds an additional touch of sweetness to the cake and the addition of maple syrup makes it feel and taste even more like fall.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a sauce pan combine butter, water and shortening. Bring to a boil. Stir in flour, sugar, cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add milk, then baking soda, eggs and vanilla to above mixture.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour into a greased 15 x 13 jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes
- Combined melted butter, milk, powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Add additional milk if needed to make the glaze spreadable.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour frosting over cooled cake and spread evenly.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!