This Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken is finger licking good. A favorite at our house, it is so easy to make with your slow cooker!
Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken in moist and full of flavor. The chicken thighs keep the slow cooker from drying out the chicken and the combination of soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, honey and ginger create a thick and delicious sauce. You can use boneless chicken breasts if you prefer, but I love the flavor and moisture the thighs bring to this recipe. And don’t let the use of ketchup scare you away. I promise it is delicious.
I cooked it on high for about 3-4 hours or low for about 5-6 hours.
A yummy sauce forms as the chicken cooks and I spooned some more of that over the top of the chicken when I served it and then garnished it with sesame seeds and green onions for some pretty color. It is yummy served over rice.
I always keep chicken thighs in my freezer so this is an easy, last minute slow cooker meal that can be cooked in a shorter amount of time too. It doesn’t take all day like a lot of slow cooker recipes.
Check out more of my favorite slow cooker recipes:
Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Ginger Chicken
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 1/2 C soy sauce
- 1/3 C honey
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- green onion chopped, for garnish
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine next six ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Pour sauce over chicken to serve and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion.
Adapted from allrecipes.com