Mint Oreo Brownies have it all! A chewy brownie base, covered in creamy mint frosting and then topped with mint sandwich cookies.
Recipe Using Mint Oreos
I’ve never been a big fan of St. Patrick’s Day. Squeezed in between Valentine’s Day and Easter I usually just forgot about it until someone pinched me because I wasn’t wearing green! When my kids were young, they often asked me why we didn’t celebrate St. Patrick’s Day and I told them it was because we weren’t Irish. Well, years later, after I took a DNA test, I discovered I had been lying to my kids all those years. I was indeed part Irish! Oops!
Well, these Mint Oreo Brownies are the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Just the right amount of green to keep those pinches away.
I know that mint is one of those flavors you either love or hate and I love mint. These brownies are packed full of mint goodness! Mint flavoring, mint chips and mint Oreo cookies!!
How to Make Mint Oreo Brownies
- Brownies. The recipe uses a boxed brownie mix I usually use the extra fudgy Betty Crocker brand of brownies. Mix up the brownies according to the directions on the back of the box. I like to line my 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove and cut the brownies. You can also spray it with non stick baking spray if not using parchment paper.
- Marshmallow Swirl. The swirl is a combination of marshmallow fluff, mint extra and some green food coloring. Drop the mixture onto the top of the brownies in 6 even scoops.
- Swirl. Take a knife and swirl the marshmallow mixture through the brownies, using an S shape motion.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. After the brownies have baked and cooled they are ready to frost with a combination of yummy buttercream.
- Frosting. While the brownies are baking mix up your frosting. If you can’t find mint chocolate chips, use white chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate, cool slightly and add into frosting. Add mint extract to taste and food coloring.
- Cool. Once the brownies have cooled, frost and topped with broken cookies.
These Mint Oreo Brownies are pure mint decadence. Enough green to make any Leprechaun proud and keep you from getting pinched and a great way to get more green into your diet!
For other brownie goodness check out these:
- BYU Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Syrup Brownies
- Brownies for a Crowd
- Ice Cream Brownie Cake with Rolos
- Caramel Brownie Bites
Mint Oreo Brownie Recipe
Mint Oreo Brownies
- 1 box fudge style brownies and ingredients called for on back of box.
- 1 jar marshmallow creme
- 3/4 tsp. mint extract
- green food color
- 1 cup mint baking chips or white vanilla baking chips
- 16 mint creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- Mix together brownies according to directions on box and put into a greased 9 x 13 or line the pan with parchment paper..
- Mix together marshmallow cream, 1/4 tsp mint extract and 4-5 drops of green food coloring.
- Drop 6-8 large tablespoons of marshmallow mixture on top of brownie batter and use a knife to swirl the matter. Make an S shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Make butter cream by combining butter, powdered sugar and milk.
- Melt mint chips in microwave.
- Add melted chips into buttercream along with 5-6 drops of green food coloring and 1/2 tsp mint extract (or to taste)
- Frosting brownies.
- Break apart cookies and sprinkle over the top of frosing.
Originally posted March 1, 2013
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.