Mexican Cornbread Salad is full of fun flavors and textures and is definitely a potluck hit!
Potlucks can be hit or miss and there is nothing I like better than a potluck that is a hit! I am lucky enough to have a group of neighbors that are great cooks so whenever we have a neighborhood potluck party I know there will be plenty of good food to try and lots of new recipes to get!
Today’s recipe for Mexican Cornbread Salad is one I got a few years ago from a neighbor at our yearly Fourth of July cul de sac party. This salad is a little unique. It is a layered salad made with cornbread and I loved the flavor and texture that the cornbread gave the salad.
How to Make Mexican Cornbread Salad
- The salad starts with a layer of crumbled cornbread. I used the Jiffy Muffin Mix and made it according to the directions on the back of the box.
- Allow the cornbread to cool and then crumble.
- Mix together the mayo, sour cream and dressing mix to make your salad dressing.
- In a bowl, layer cornbread, tomatoes, black beans, corn, lettuce, dressing, and cheese, using half of the ingredients for the first layer.
- Then repeat starting with the cornbread and ending with the cheese
- Toss everything together and enjoy!
Next time you want to be a hit at a potluck dinner take this salad. Mexican Cornbread Salad is delicious and something just a little bit different.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Mexican Cornbread Salad Recipe
Mexican Cornbread Salad
- 1 6 oz. Cornbread mix
- 1 1 oz. Buttermilk Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 head romaine lettuce shredded
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 15 oz. black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. whole kernel corn drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions chopped
- Mix dressing mix with sour cream and mayo and salsa..
- Bake cornbread according to directions, cool and crumble
- In a large bowl layer using half of all ingredients: cornbread, tomato, beans. corn, bacon, green onions and end with dressing, lettuce and cheese.
- Repeat the layering process
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving