Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are cheesy, delicious, and easy with the help of your pressure cooker!
Using your Instant Pot is not only perfect for quick and easy weeknight cooking but it is perfect for the holidays too. While your oven is busy use your Instant Pot for some of your other menu items. This year I’m thinking of doing my ham in the crockpot and my potatoes in the Instant Pot. The possibilities are endless!
These Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes are the perfect recipe for Easter or anytime and they work great in the Instant Pot. If your family is like my family, scalloped potatoes are required for Easter dinner. Can you really eat ham without scalloped potatoes??
The trick to cooking scalloped potatoes in the Instant Pot is using a smaller pan inside the instant pot. I used a 7 inch x 3 inch cake pan and it fit perfectly. Just place it on the rack that comes inside the Instant Pot along with 1 1/2 cups of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
The sliced potatoes are layered with seasoning, bacon and cheese in the cake pan and then half and half is poured over the top. Just add a final layer of cheese before putting them in the Instant Pot.
The cook time will vary depending on how thin you slice your potatoes but I like mine about 1/4″ thick and we don’t like our potatoes too soft and smooshie. I cooked them for 25 minutes but if you like your potatoes softer cook for another 5 minutes. Be sure to save some crispy bacon to garnish the top of the potatoes with along with some green onion and grated Parmesan cheese.
Sometimes I’ll pop them under the broiler for a minute or so to get the cheese a little crispy and brown on top but sometimes I don’t.
These Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes go perfectly with Easter ham but work with all kinds of things. I especially like them with pork tenderloin. And my husband has been known to eat them as meal in and of themselves!
Some of my favorite pork recipes to serve the scalloped potatoes with are:
My favorite kitchen items I used to make these INSTANT POT SCALLOPED POTATOES
INSTANT POT – This 6 qt electric pressure cooker helps cook dinner quicker and easier! Has 7 different functions.
7 INCH CAKE PAN– This 3 inch high cake pan is great for cakes but also fits perfectly inside the Instant Pot.
REDMOND REAL SALT – this is my favorite, daily use salt. It’s unrefined, unprocessed, just the way nature made it!
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- 5-6 yukon gold potatoes, skin on divided
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder divided
- 1 tsp oregano divided
- 2 tsp dried minced onion divided
- 2 cups cheese, blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack divided
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp divided
- green onion for garnish
- Slice potatoes thinly, about 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick.
- Spray 7 x 3" cake pan with cooking spray.
- Layer half of the potatoes into pan and sprinkle with half of salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and minced onion. Cover with half of cheese and half of bacon.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, seasoning, bacon and cheese. Save a little bacon to garnish the top with. Pour half and half over potatoes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water into Instant Pot. Place cake pan on the rack that comes with the Instant Pot and place potatoes into Instant Pot.
- Put lid on Instant Pot and set to manual, high pressure for 25-30 minutes depending on how thick you cut your potatoes.
- Be sure knob is set to the sealing position. When cycle ends, do a quick release and open lid. If potatoes are not done to your liking put lid back on, reset for another 2-5 minutes.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, remaining bacon and green onion.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.