Chocolate Marshmallow Mountains are my kind of mountain, full of chocolate and marshmallow!
Today’s cookie recipe is one I have had for years. Years ago my sister-in-law Tricia and I both fell in love with these yummy chocolate/marshmallow cookies they sold at the mall. We were both so sad when the store closed down, so Tricia found this recipe so we could make them ourselves at home.
Beware, these cookies are rich and you may need to climb a few mountains after eating them to burn off the calories, but they are worth it.
After you pull the cookie out of the oven, top it with half of a large marshmallow, cut side down.
Then once they cool you get to cover that little marshmallow mountain with chocolate frosting.
I hope you enjoy these yummy little chocolate mountains and I bet you can’t eat just one either!
Chocolate Marshmallow Mountains
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts optional (I didn’t put them in)
- 24 large marshmallows cut in half
- 1/3 C soft butter
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- About 2 Tbsp milk
- 6 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Beat well shortening, milk, water, egg and vanilla
- Add remaining ingredients except marshmallows, blend well
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet
- Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes
- Quickly place marshmallow half (sticky side down) on each cookie
- Let cool
- Combine frosting ingredients and beat until smooth
- Frost marshmallows like a mountain