Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal with plenty to share with someone else. The crock pot makes it easy to prepare and it’s ready to eat when you are.
Since I started my blog ten years ago, many of my top viewed recipes are slow cooker recipes. Today we are paying a visit to one I posted back in the early years of the blog. This recipe makes a lot so it is the perfect thing to make when you need to take a meal to another family.
The chicken is cooked in the slow cooker in a yummy sauce using McCormick’s Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade. I added in a little sugar and some lime juice for added flavor. The chicken comes out moist and tender and then you just shred it. A delicious sauce forms that you pour over the pasta and add the shredded chicken to. I top it with some crispy bacon and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you have a winner.
Our family loved this recipe and I can’t wait to make it again! Don’t wait until someone has a baby or gets sick to give this recipe a try.
My favorite kitchen items I used to make SLOW COOKER GARLIC CHICKEN PASTA:
SLOW COOKER – My favorite one is the classic, the Rival CrockPot. In fact, I love it so much I own three of them. Two 6 qt and one 4 qt.
CROCK POT LINER BAGS – These liner bags are a life saver and make clean up so much easier and faster! Stock up on them!
SHREDDER CLAWS – These make shredded pork or chicken a breeze!
HOLIDAY SLOW COOKER COOKBOOK – For more delicious slow cooker recipes check out my new cookbook – 100 recipes!
Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Pasta Recipe
Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Pasta
- 16 oz. pasta I used bow tie, but it really doesn’t matter
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 cloves garlic crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
- 1 Tbsp. pepper I used about half of this
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 lb. bacon crumpled
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 pkg Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade (dry powder mix)
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Place chicken in crock pot
- Mix together marinade according to directions on back of package. Add in lime juice, zest and brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart).
- Set this aside.
- About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon.
- Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through.
- Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.