Slow Cooker Garlic Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal with plenty to share with someone else. The slow cooker makes it easy to prepare and it’s ready to eat when you are.
It’s been an exciting couple of weeks! My Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook was officially released on October 24th. Since then I’ve been on four different TV stations, been featured on Oprah.com and taught a class to a standing room only crowd at Pinners Conference. Just this week I found my book sitting on the shelf at our local Fred Meyer and Barnes & Noble. It’s pretty fun to walk into a store and see your cookbook on their shelf!
Since I started my blog ten years ago, many of my top viewed recipes are slow cooker recipes. Today we are paying a visit to one I posted back in the early years of the blog. The photos needed a redo and I was craving some good pasta. This recipe makes a lot so it is the perfect thing to make when you need to take a meal to another family or when a friend has just had a baby or maybe surgery.
The chicken is cooked in the slow cooker in a yummy sauce using McCormick’s Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade. I added in a little sugar and some lime juice for added flavor. The chicken comes out moist and tender and then you just shred it. A delicious sauce forms that you pour over the pasta and add the shredded chicken to. I top it with some crispy bacon and freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you have a winner.
Our family loved this recipe and I can’t wait to make it again! Don’t wait until someone has a baby or gets sick to give this recipe a try.
Originally posted June 9, 2010
- 16 oz. pasta I used bow tie, but it really doesn’t matter
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic crushed OR garlic salt (I do a spoonful of crushed garlic)
- 1 Tbsp. pepper I used about half of this
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 lb. bacon crumpled
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade (dry powder mix)
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Place chicken in crock pot
Mix together marinade according to directions on back of package. Add in lime juice, zest and brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pull marinated chicken out of the juices, allow to cool a little bit, and shred (I pull it apart).
- Set this aside.
- About a half-hour before serving, boil the pasta.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumpled bacon.
- Whisk together on low heat for 3-4 minutes. In a large bowl, pour over cooked, drained pasta, add chicken and stir through.
- Sprinkle a little bit more shredded parmesan cheese on top.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!