Eggnog Donuts are so easy to make and every eggnog lover will enjoy them!
Hey everyone! I’m Mandy from Mandy’s Recipe Box. I am so excited to be here on Your Homebased Mom for the Bake Craft Sew 2015 series. It means Christmas is right around the corner, my favorite time of the year. I am a wife and mom of 4 with a passion for food, Diet Coke and reading. I blog simple and delicious recipes that can be made with what you have on hand already. These Eggnog Donuts are a great Christmas treat to make for the neighbors and are so easy to make!
I don’t love drinking eggnog, but I sure love baking with it. I also love donuts which means I had to make an eggnog version. Who wouldn’t love to receive a plate of homemade donuts for Christmas? They are so soft and delicious. You can add sprinkles or leave them with just the Eggnog Glaze. I did both because kids will eat most anything if it has sprinkles on it. If you don’t have a donut pan, I highly recommend it. They are so inexpensive and Amazon has them at your finger tips. I got mine for under $10. To pipe the batter into the pan, I just put it into a ziploc bag, snip of the corner of the bag and pipe into the pan. Easy peasy.
Eggnog Donut Recipe
- <b>Eggnog Donuts</b>
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. eggnog
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- <b>Eggnog Glaze</b>
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. eggnog
- 1/4 tsp. rum extract
- <b>For the donuts</b>
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the eggnog, extract, egg oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Place into a plastic Ziploc bag and cut the corner off. Pipe into greased donut pan.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes until toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
- Dip into glaze while still warm.
- <b>For the glaze</b>
- Mix all glaze ingredients together, starting with 2 Tbsp. eggnog. Add more to reach desired consistency.
- Dip tops of warm donuts into glaze and place on wire racks to set. You can dip them twice if you want.