Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. They are soft and chewy in the middle and a little crispy on the edges and of course full of chocolate!
I am a huge fan of chocolate chip cookies, especially if they are warm. They are my true love and my favorite cookie of all times.
Recently I was in Utah visiting my son and daughter in law and she had made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. Being one to never pass up a fresh, warm chocolate chip cookie I of course enjoyed one. Maybe two. Okay, three! They were so yummy. And because you can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes, I had to ask her which recipe she had used.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
They were just the way I like my chocolate chip cookies, soft and chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges. She had found the recipe over at Betty Crocker and had made a couple of tweeks to them that made them the best easy chocolate chip cookie ever!
How to Make Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Beat the butter in a stand mixer until really light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. This puts more air into the dough which creates a light and fluffy cookie.
- Add in eggs after the butter and sugar are light and fluffy.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix. I like to pulse the mixer so that I don’t over mix.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips. You can of course use regular size chips but I loved the mini chips in the cookies, the chocolate was more evenly distributed through out the cookie. There is nothing worse than taking a bite of a chocolate chip cookie and not getting any chocolate.
I have made these easy chocolate chip cookies several times since coming home and they are definitely our new favorite cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
I even used them to make ice cream sandwiches and they were even more delicious with some homemade cinnamon ice cream between them!
So the next time a chocolate chip cookie craving hits, which is a fairly common occurrence at our house, give this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe a try! Just promise to share with me!!
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes. Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla..
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place cookies on parchment paper covered baking sheets, 2 inches a part and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking rack.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Leave a Review