Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. They are soft and chewy in the middle and a little crispy on the edges and of course full of chocolate!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
These cookies are soft and chewy in the middle and crispy on the edges. There are just a few tweaks to this recipe that make them extra special. And the mini chocolate chips ensure you get chocolate in ever bite.
These cookies are also perfect for making cookie ice cream sandwiches. They are the perfect texture to hold the ice cream without falling apart, but are still soft and easy to bite through even when they are cold.
- Sugar, granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
How to Make Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Beat the butter in a stand mixer until really light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes. This puts more air into the dough which creates a light and fluffy cookie.
- Add in eggs after the butter and sugar are light and fluffy.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Do not over mix. I like to pulse the mixer so that I don’t over mix.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips. You can of course use regular size chips but I loved the mini chips in the cookies, the chocolate was more evenly distributed through out the cookie. There is nothing worse than taking a bite of a chocolate chip cookie and not getting any chocolate.
I have made these easy chocolate chip cookies several times since coming home and they are definitely our new favorite cookie.
And to make the perfect ice cream cookie sandwich, just add some homemade cinnamon ice cream between them!
Check out more of my other favorite cookie recipes:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
- Add in egg and vanilla..
- Mix in flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Place cookies on parchment paper covered baking sheets, 2 inches a part and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking rack.