These chocolate raspberry brownies disappeared so fast at the dinner I served them at that I almost didn’t get one!
Chocolate Raspberry Brownies were originally posted in December of 2008. I had been in charge of organizing the holiday dinner for the women’s organization at church. I have done enough large group cooking that cooking for 100 doesn’t scare me any more. I have cooked for 400 before – now that’s scary!
I always gauge the success of a dinner by how many requests I get for the recipes and based on the requests from that dinner it was a huge success! So as promised, here is the dessert recipes I used for the dinner.
A short story first – if you are a frequent visitor to my blog you know that I like to include pretty pictures of the food I make. When I originally posted this recipe, I didn’t get any good photos of the food we served at the dinner – when you are in the middle of cooking and prepping food for 100 you forget to take pictures!
About the time we were serving dessert I did remember so I found a “pretty” piece of dessert and set it aside inside my roaster oven in the kitchen to take home and take a picture of.
After dessert was served and on the tables I came back into the kitchen and discovered that my “pretty” piece of dessert was GONE! Yes, someone had taken my “pretty,” picture worthy piece of dessert. By this time the majority of people had already eaten their dessert. I went back out to the cultural hall and searched through the tables looking for an uneaten “pretty” piece of dessert – I found one that was somewhat “pretty” and stole it right off the table.
The dessert recipe came from my friend Melanie. After I was asked to be in charge of the dinner and a “decadent chocolate dessert” was requested, I emailed Melanie right away to ask her for some great ideas. As always, Melanie came through for me and sent me the recipe for Raspberry Tuxedo Brownie Squares. She was right – they were wonderful!
My favorite kitchen items I used to make these CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY BROWNIES:
9 x 13 GLASS PAN – I actually own three of these and they seem to be in constant use.
KITCHEN AID – This is the workhorse of my kitchen and I use it daily! Couldn’t live with out it.
PYREX BOWLS – I love my Pyrex bowls and actually own a couple of sets. Perfect for mixing or serving.
Chocolate Raspberry Brownie
- 21 oz brownie mix (9 x 13 size)
- 1/2 C raspberry jam
- 2 C raspberries fresh or frozen whole raspberries without syrup, thawed and drained, divided (I used 1 1/2 cups frozen for the dessert and then used 1/2 cup fresh to garnish the top)
- 3 oz white chocolate melted and cooled slightly
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 C heavy whipping cream wh ipped to stiff peaks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package
- Cool completely
- Spread jam onto brownies
- Reserve 1/2 cup of raspberries for the garnish, arrange the remaining 1 1/2 cups raspberries evenly over jam
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl, mix well
- Gradually whisk in melted chocolate and milk
- Fold in whipped cream
- Spread carefully over raspberries
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm
- Cut into squares
- Garnish with reserved raspberries or chocolate curls
- Store, covered in the refrigerator
Leave a Review