Today’s recipe is honor of my 30th wedding anniversary which was yesterday. Thanks to all of you who left such kind, sweet comments on yesterday’s post. You made the day extra special!
If I had to pick, my favorite candy bar would probably be a Twix bar. In fact it has been my favorite candy bar for a long time. Over thirty years.
When I ran across a recipe for Twix Bar cookies over at Sprinkle with Flour I knew I had to try them.
In fact, I like Twix bars so much that my husband proposed to me with a Twix bar!
We had gone out for a nice romantic dinner and then returned to his cousin’s house where he was living. No one was home, the lights were dimmed and George Benson was playing on the record player (yes, a record player)
He pulled out a coupon book he had made with construction paper and Twix bars. How sweet is that. I have kept the coupon book all these years, minus the candy bars of course. I ate those!
The coupons were for all my favorite things. An ice cream cone at Baskin Robbins…
There was a coupon for a foot rub, a doughnut from Winchells, tickets to a Kenny Loggins concert, a ride in his car, “the bomb”, and of course a coupon for a twix bar.
The last coupon was for this…
A coupon for a diamond ring and then a coupon that entitled me to the love and devotion of Jim for an extra long time – eternity!
I said yes (but not right away- I made him a wait a little bit but I did eat the Twix bars before I said yes!)
So back to the cookies.
Twix Bar cookies are pretty darn good, in fact they are really good. If you remember my cookie rating system this is a five cookie recipe. Which means I may have eaten five of them! They are basically a chocolate chip cookie with out the chocolate chips – you just chop up Twix Bars instead!
Of course a cookie can only be improved by a glass of milk. Especially when the milk is really cold and you get to drink it with a straw.
With a Twix Bar cookie, not only do you get chunks of chocolate in your cookie but also caramel. Even better!
So in celebration of 30 years of marriage and a life long love affair with Twix Bars – I give you Twix Bar Cookies. Enjoy!
If you were going to make a cookie with your favorite candy bar, which one would it be??
- 2 C plus 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter,melted and cooled until warm
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C coarsely chopped Twix Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Chop your Twix bar into ¼ inch chunks
- Cut each bar in half lengthwise and then chop into ¼ inch pieces width wise
- In a bowl combine flour, soda and salt
- Set aside
- In your mixer blend butter and sugars together until combined
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla
- Add in dry ingredients and beat until just combined
- Fold in Twix Bar chunks
- Bake for 13-16 minutes until light golden brown and edges start to harden but center is soft
- Do not over bake
- Because of the caramel in the Twix they may stick a bit to the cookie sheet so use a spatula to remove
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!