You have heard me say it before -one of the best things about my direct sales homebased business is the friends I have made.
Today I want to share one of those friends with you – Sherra (yes, it is pronounced Share – a). We have been friends and business associates for over a decade. We have shared a lot over the years. We’ve shared business ideas, favorite books, recipes, incentive trips, visits in each other’s homes and a friendship that transcends the 2500+ miles that is the distance between our homes and lots of laughs.
I can honestly say Sherra is the funniest friend I have (and I have some pretty funny friends), she makes me laugh – a lot! Sherra is an amazing lady – she has had a lot of different experiences in her life – some good, some bad but all have made her stronger, wiser and funnier! (Even the severe head injury!)
As a result of the “magic of the internet” you can meet her too! She’s recently started her own website (she’ll tell you she did this at my urging – and I’ll take the credit!) where she shares many of her life experiences and how they have helped to shape the person she is today.
I know she’ll make you laugh – she is the funniest person I know. Seriously, I mean that. So I hope you will visit Sherra at www.Sharealifelesson.com to get to know her better, learn from her life lessons and to have a good laugh now and then!
So in the interest of sharing Sherra, here are three things she’s recently shared with me.
- Is this cool or what!! The new Scotch/3M highlighter with built-in post-it flags is exactly the kind of thing that Sherra knew I would love. We are both voracious readers and she was surprised when I hadn’t heard about it yet. Of course, I went out the very next day and bought one. I would have gone that night but Office Depot was already closed!
- Sherra is a techno wizard” – well, at least compared to me! She shared with me a great way to change my comment section on this blog so you all can comment more and talk to each other. So be sure and leave a comment – let me know if she made you laugh!
- I love chocolate chip cookies – they are my absolute favorite, especially when they are warm! Sherra shared with me this yummy recipe that gives a new twist to chocolate chip cookies. There is a secret ingredient – malt – and if you love malt, you’ll love these. Even if you don’t love malt I think you’ll still like the cookies – YUM!
LA Note- if you have not ever bought Malt before you will find it in the section of the store with the chocolate milk powder and hot chocolate. The malt flavor is very subtle in these cookies so don’t be afraid! Watch the timing of your oven – I found my time varied a little from Sherra’s – they cooked faster so just check them.
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening (Crisco)
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder (Original)
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat for 2 minutes.
- Add egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.
- Shape into 2 inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen.