On my second trip to Home Goods this week I found these…
…darling brown and white mugs. (Yes, I think I need some type of intervention!)
What do my new mugs make you think of?
To me they just screamed Cookies and Cream!
So they became the inspiration for today’s candy bark recipe – Cookies and Cream Candy Bark!
I used a combination of white almond bark (or vanilla melts) and semi sweet chocolate melts. You could also use milk chocolate.
I used 2 cups of each and melted them separately in the microwave. Crush 12 – 14 Oreos in the food processor and reserve about 1/4 C to sprinkle on top. Add the rest of the crushed Oreo cookies to the chocolate dividing evenly between the semi sweet and the white.
For a little extra flavor you can add 2 Tbsp of peanut butter into one of the chocolates, mix well.
On a wax paper covered cookie sheet spoon each of the chocolates into little mounds.
Then use a knife to swirl the two chocolates together to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle the remaining crushed Oreo on top!
Allow to harden and then break into pieces and put into a cute container like my new mugs! If you are not going to consume it all in one sitting be sure and store in an airtight container.
- 2 C vanilla melts or ½ lb. vanilla almond bark
- 2 C semi sweet melts or ½ lb. chocolate almond bark
- 14 Oreos, crushed. Reserve ¼ C for sprinkling on top
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter, optional
- Place vanilla and semi sweet chocolate into separate containers and melt in microwave
- Add peanut butter to one of them if desired
- Reserve ¼ C of cookie crumbs and divide the remaining crumbs between the two melted mixtures and mix in
- Drop spoonfuls of the two mixtures onto a wax paper covered cooking sheet
- Alternate the two flavors
- Use a knife to swirl the two chocolates together to create a marbled effect
- Allow to harden at room temperature or in the refrigerator
- Break into pieces and place in a pretty container