This easy sour cream lemon pie is full of tangy flavor from both the lemon and the sour cream. And the creamy consistency is nothing short of heavenly. Every time I have a slice I am reminded just how good it is.
The pie starts with a graham cracker crust that is topped with a delicious lemon sour cream layer and then topped with whipped cream.
This pie is so delicious and the combination of lemon and sour cream give it the perfect lemon flavor. Not too tart, just enough sweet.
Here is the original post. It was posted right after Easter when we had enjoyed this pie for Easter dinner. You’ve got plenty of time to make it for this year’s Easter brunch or dinner!
We enjoyed the day at church and then dinner with friends. There was so much yummy food. I am excited to share some of the great new recipes with you in the next few weeks – after a few more lemon recipes!
Easter and lemon just go together at our house. Easter dinner would not be complete with out some type of lemon dessert. In the past we have enjoyed Lemon Angel Pie and Marilyn’s Lemon Curd and Ice Cream Pie.
I tried a new lemon dessert this Easter – a recipe that was sent to me by reader, Brandee. This pie is SO GOOD! It was a huge hit at Easter dinner. It is a smooth and sweet pie with just the right amount of lemon loveliness!
The original recipe called for a pastry crust but Brandee said she preferred a graham cracker crust so I took her suggestion. I learned a great new tip for making a graham cracker crust from my America’s Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.
Use your measuring cup to press the crumbs into the bottom and sides of the pie pan to get a nice smooth, even crust!
Check out more of my favorite pie recipes:
Lemon Sour Cream Pie Recipe
Sour Lemon Cream Pie
- 1 C Sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch plus 1-1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 C lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup butter cubed
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 pastry shell 9 inches, baked or graham cracker crust
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- * Lemon twists for garnish
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/4 C graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, juice, egg yolks and milk in heavy saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until thickened
- Stir in butter
- Cool mixture to room temperature
- Add in sour cream
- Pour into Graham Cracker Crust
- Top with Whipped Cream
- Garnish with lemon twists
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Graham Cracker CrustToss the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together thoroughly with a fork
- Pour the crumbs into a pie plate
- Use your measuring cup to press crumbs into bottom and sides of pie plate
- Bake at 325 until the crust begins to brown - about 15-20 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Store in refrigerator
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.