Today’s recipe for Chicken Breast Supreme with Mushrooms and Artichokes is a keeper. We’ve been making it in our family for decades!
Today’s recipe for chicken supreme is one my mother and I have made for years. I’ve made it for many a dinner party and for several large group events at church. It is one of those recipes that always gets lots of oohs and aahs, is delicious and that everyone thinks is so sophisticated. The best part – it is so easy!!
This recipe was given to my mom by her parents next door neighbor in California many, many years ago. Probably close to 50 years ago and we’ve been making it ever since. It can be made with bone in chicken breasts or boneless chicken breasts.
How to Make Chicken Breast Supreme
The first step in the recipe is to lightly brown your chicken in butter after sprinkling it with salt, pepper and paprika
Then place it in a 9 x 13 pan with artichoke hearts.
Saute your mushrooms in some more butter, add in hot chicken broth and pour that over the chicken.
It’s then ready to bake. If using boneless chicken breasts, bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. With bone in breasts they will take a little longer, about 45 minutes.
I love to serve this dish with our family’s favorite rice dish, rile pilaf. This dish is always a crowd pleaser and best of all, it’s delicious!
Mushroom Artichoke Chicken Recipe
An easy dinner that looks like you have stood over the stove all day. Chicken Breast Supreme is a great meal to serve for company.
- 6 chicken breasts skinned, with or without bone
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 5 Tbsp butter divided
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms trimmed, washed and halved
- 2 C hot chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 14 oz artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and rinsed
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Saute in butter over medium heat in a heavy skillet.
- Remove when lightly golden brown on both sides.
- Saute mushrooms in same skillet. Add in 1-2 additional tablespoons of butter so that mushroom don't stick.
- Add in hot chicken broth and flour. Stir to incorporate flour.
- Place chicken and artichoke hearts in 9 x 13 pan.
- Cover with mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Boneless breasts will take around 30 and bone in breasts will take about 45 minutes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms®.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.