By the looks of the name of this Pumpkin Bread recipe you may think I got a little carried away with five different flavors in little loaf of bread – chocolate chips, toffee, cream cheese, pumpkin and maple. Wow!
But I can tell you one thing – it works! The combination of all these flavors in a loaf of bread are amazing. Pumpkin bread totally says Fall and pumpkin bread with all these flavors says WOW!!
I started with some cream cheese, butter and sugar.
Be sure your butter and cream cheese are room temperature so you don’t end up with a bunch of lumps.
Beat until nice and smooth and then add in your pumpkin.
Next add in your pumpkin pie spice, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, chocolate chips and toffee chips and then into the greased pan.
After it is baked allow it to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
And then onto a cooling rack.
After it is cooled it is time to glaze it. I used a combination of powdered sugar, milk and some maple syrup.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C butter
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 C mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 C toffee bits
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Cream together softened cream cheese, butter,sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs, one a time.
- Add in pumpkin.
- Combine flour,salt baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add into mixture and stir until mixed.
- Add in chocolate chips and toffee bits
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan to rack and cool.
- Mix together powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk. Add milk as needed to get the right consistency for glazing.
- When cool glaze.