Those are the words my daughter used to describe these cookies.
I had 3 very ripe bananas on my counter and I wasn’t in the mood for my go to ripe banana recipe – The Best Banana Bread. I thought about Banana Bars or Banana Cupcakes but none of those really did it for me. I decided a banana cookie was in order. A Super Yummy banana cookie.
I wanted a nice moist cookie but I didn’t want it to be too cake like. I used 3 ripe bananas and oatmeal. It gave it just the right texture.
The crowning touch was the addition of white chocolate chips and a drizzle of nutella on top (thanks Lizzy for the nutella suggestion!)
Be sure and push down on the cookies a bit before you bake them.
After the cookies cool drizzle them with the nutella. I warmed the nutella up in the microwave until it was thin enough to drizzle with. Be sure to stir it well to get it drizzling consistency. I put it into a plastic baggie and snipped off the corner and drizzled
Banana Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate and Nutella
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C flour
- 3 C rolled old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C Nutella melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl cream together the shortening and the sugars.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and mashed banana.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, spices and oats.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet. Push down with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- Dough is sticky.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place melted Nutella into a plastic bag and snip off the corner to drizzle with.
- Cool on rack and then drizzle with Nutella.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!