This Cranberry Pecan Cake comes together easily for a quick holiday or seasonal dessert! It makes a great neighbor gift, too!
Hey, y’all! I’m Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes and I’m excited to be joining Leigh Anne for this year’s Bake Craft Sew 2016! I love to share delicious and simple family-friendly dishes, with everything from healthier dishes to over-the-top desserts! As a homeschooling mom with four kiddos still at home, I know how important dinner time is and how hectic it can be juggling life while getting everyone fed!
One of my family’s favorite things about this time of the year is that it’s finally cool enough to bake in Phoenix … and we love to bake lots of yummy treats! Although we enjoy it for dessert during the holiday season, we also like to give these Cranberry Pecan Cakes to our friends and neighbors for gifts! Wrapped in a pretty bow, it’s a simple gift idea!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup 8 oz. sour cream
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Fold in the cranberries and pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Just before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.