Fresh corn on the cob and cherry tomatoes from the garden make this Cherry Tomato Corn Salad easy and delicious!
Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
If there was a best time of year to make this corn salad, now is it! My garden is going crazy with cherry tomatoes and there is lots of fresh corn in the grocery stores and farmer’s market. This salad can also be made with frozen corn and store bought cherry tomatoes any time of year but fresh is always best, so make this now!
Cherry Tomato Recipes
This is the time of year my husband can often be seen walking up and down our neighborhood with bags of cherry tomatoes, looking for someone to take them off his hands! This year is no exception. I’ve got lots of yummy recipes that I love using cherry tomatoes in like these yummy roasted cherry tomatoes, buttermilk chicken, arugula salad pizza and garlic chicken pasta with roasted tomatoes Check out some of these recipes if you have a surplus of cherry tomatoes!
Corn Salad Ingredients
- Fresh Corn. Cut off the cob. (Can also use frozen corn, thawed)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Red Onion
- Basil/lime dressing
How to Make Cherry Tomato Corn Salad
- Remove corn from cob.
- Combine all ingredients except for the dressing together in a bowl
- Toss together gently, you don’t want to smush the tomatoes
- Add the dressing and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Basil Lime Dressing
- Mix together basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
This salad is almost too pretty to eat, but eat it anyway! My husband especially liked the addition of the cucumber into the salad and the little bit of jalapeno gives you a nice surprise once in a while. If you don’t want the little bit of heat, just leave the pepper out.
How to Store Corn Salad
Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve. The salad will last for a couple of days.
So take advantage of fresh corn and cherry tomato season and make this salad – it’s perfect for the upcoming holiday weekend and any cookouts or potlucks you might be attending.
Check out more of my favorite summer salads:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.`
Cherry Tomato Corn Salad
Cherry Tomato Corn Salad
Lime Basil Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn off the cob
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- Mix together basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and allow flavors to blend.
- Mix together corn, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno and red onion in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Leave a Review