Fresh corn on the cob and cherry tomatoes from the garden make this Cherry Tomato Corn Salad easy and delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If there was a best time of year to make this corn salad, now is it! My garden is going crazy with cherry tomatoes and there is lots of fresh corn in the grocery stores and farmer’s market. This salad can also be made with frozen corn and store bought cherry tomatoes any time of year but fresh is always best, so make this now!
This is the time of year my husband can often be seen walking up and down our neighborhood with bags of cherry tomatoes, looking for someone to take them off his hands! This year is no exception. I’ve got lots of yummy recipes that I love using cherry tomatoes in like these yummyCheck out some of these recipes if you have a surplus of cherry tomatoes!
- Fresh Corn. Cut off the cob. (Can also use frozen corn, thawed)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Red Onion
- Basil/lime dressing
How to Make Tomato Corn Salad
- Remove corn from cob.
- Combine all ingredients except for the dressing together in a bowl
- Toss together gently, you don’t want to smush the tomatoes
- Add the dressing and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Basil Lime Dressing
- Mix together basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir and allow flavors to blend.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep the salad refrigerated until ready to serve. The salad will last for a couple of days in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
The jalapeño gives you a nice surprise once in a while. If you don’t want the little bit of heat, just leave the pepper out.
This salad is almost too pretty to eat, but eat it anyway!
Check out more of my favorite summer salads:
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Tomato Corn Salad
Lime Basil Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn off the cob
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- Mix together basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir and allow flavors to blend.
- Mix together corn, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno and red onion in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.