Today’s recipe is simple. Simple and delicious.
If you know me at all you know I don’t eat potatoes. But because I am married to a boy from Idaho and my kids all love potatoes I am always on the lookout for a new way to fix potatoes. One of our favorite ways to fix red potatoes (and I will even eat these) is Patrice’s Potatoes.
I always feel a bit strange sharing a potato recipe since I don’t eat them but my family are potato snobs (no instant potatoes and our potatoes must come from Idaho!) You can rely on their opinion to be a good one!
Today I am sharing another way to fix red potatoes. It is super quick and easy and delicious (at least according to my potato eating family members) The potatoes cook for two hours. The first time I made them I was sure they were going to be ruined after cooking for two whole hours. Red potatoes aren’t that big. But guess what? They weren’t ruined, in fact they were soft and buttery and my family said they tasted just like mashed potatoes (and so much easier!!!)
Honestly, a recipe doesn’t get much easier then this one – all you need are potatoes, butter, olive oil and salt and pepper! I used sea salt but you could use kosher salt too. You just want a coarse salt and a coarse pepper. Don’t use the salt that comes out of the round blue container with the girl and the umbrella!
Just pop them in the oven and let them bake away for two hours. Then enjoy the melt in your mouth goodness.
- small red potatoes
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- coarse pepper (I just used whole peppercorns and smashed them up a bit!)
- Bake at 350 degrees
- I used a 8 x 8 pan and placed about 2 Tbsp melted butter in the pan
- After washing potatoes, dry them
- Place potatoes in pan and turn to coat with the butter
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle generously with salt (don't be afraid to use a lot!)
- Sprinkle with pepper and bake in oven for 2 hours
- Bake uncovered-I promise they will be o.k.
- After removing from the oven place in bowl and pour the sauce left on the bottom of the pan over the potatoes