Family Photos

We spent Thanksgiving in Utah with our four kids.  Being all together for any extended period of time only happens a couple of times a year now (so sad.)  I knew that if I was going to get a photo taken for our Christmas card this was my opportunity!

I had a vision in my head of what I wanted.  I wanted snow.  I wanted bright, vibrant colors.  I wanted Tara of Tara B Photography to take our photos.  Not only is Tara an amazing photographer she is also an amazing voice teacher and has been Cali’s voice teacher for the last three years.  On top of that she is just darling too!!

We were staying up in Park City for the weekend so Tara and her sweet husband drove up to meet us.  Tara found the perfect location for our photo and she made my vision a reality!

The only problem with the photos is that there are so many wonderful ones I am going to have a hard time choosing.

I have had several requests asking me to share how I go about putting together what we are going to wear in a family photo so I will share the process I went through for this family photo shoot later this week but in the meantime take a look at our amazing family photos!

If you live in Utah or anywhere near Utah and need a picture taken give Tara a call!!  To see more of the photos you can check out Tara’s blog.

How do I choose!?

Comments

My absolute favorite one is of you and the girls lying down. I love the colors and all the smiles. It looks like you are their sister, not their mom :) I love the long family one with the girls hand on their hips. I can picture that one a wide canvas above a mantle ;) I also love the one of “just the boys” and of you and your husband smiling at the camera. Of course they are ALL wonderful, but those are my favorites.

Lisa

i can’t believe how photogenic you all are :) and i LOVE the clothing color combos! my faves are the one of you and your girls (and yes, i agree you do look like their sister!) and the ones of you guys kneeling and the one of you guys all standing close together w/the sun behind. every picture is beautiful!

So beautiful! Wow!! I love the one of you with the girls on the ground! I think my favorite family picture is the last of the “Joy” ones where your husband is kissing you inside the “O.” Have fun deciding. I can’t wait for it to start snowing here is SE Michigan! Maybe I can get our photographer friend to snap a few pictures of us!

4. Laurie says

I love them all, but the best is the one of the girls with all the bright colors and gorgeous women! So beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.

5. Darlene says

I think you need to do a collage! They are all great, the camera loves you guys!! Why omit any of them…it’s a playful day in the snow! I’m just saying….

6. Daney Breault says

These photos are so beautiful. The clothing choices and colors are so joyful. The gorgeous, snowy aspens are the perfect “sepia” backdrop.

You and your family are truly an inspiration of making memories together.
    Merry, merry Christmas Wilkes family!

7. Renee says

These pictures are so cute and great!! My favorite one is the fourth one down, with the JOY. You guys look like you’re having so much fun and how much you love each other!

8. Wendy B says

Wow, you are so blessed! The pictures are beautiful not only because of your photographer, but because you are so beautiful. The picute of you and the girls lying down is amazing.

SO fun!!! I love the co lorful on white snow. We did that a few years ago on our trip to Utah in march, but sadly, our spot wasn’t what I dreamt, and we didn’t have landscape in the background…just a really tall hill and it looks like we are on a white backdrop unless you look closely! You look so beautiful, and your grown children look very happy. I can’t wait to hear about your first wedding…;)

10. Cindy says

Wow! You all look great!!! You DO look like a sister! Beautiful family,colors and I couldn’t pick just one!!!
    Thanks for letting us share the fun!

These are all great shots, Leigh Anne. Your vision certainly became reality. If I was choosing for a Christmas card it would have to be the first one with you all holding the letters to spell out JOY. My second choice would be the one with the girls hands on their hips. Too cute.

What a beautiful family – it’s so hard to get everyone together as they get older, but so worth it. I know you agree.

12. Loretta says

Love the JOY pictures but they are all good. What a great setting! Your family is quite photogenic. Have fun choosing! (also enjoyed the pictures in today’s Oregonian of your Santa pics)