My obsession with candy corn continues with Candy Corn Sugar Cookies.
Just in case you thought Candy Corn Cakes, Candy Corn Cupcakes, Candy Corn Cookie Bark, Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats, Candy Corn Pretzels and White Chocolate Candy Corn Popcorn was not enough, today I have Candy Corn Sugar Cookies for you!
In addition to being a sucker for anything resembling candy corn I am also a sucker for a new sugar cookie recipe. When my friend Mariel of Or So She Says, posted that she had the BEST sugar cookie recipe I had to check it out for myself. Because you see I think I have the PERFECT sugar cookie recipe on the blog.
My rule for a good sugar cookie is that it should stand on it’s own. It should be just as delicious without frosting as it is with frosting.
This cookie stood up to my rule.
This cookie is nice and soft in the middle while being a little crisp along the edges.
In my attempts to make them into a Candy Corn Cookie I mixed up some buttercream frosting using my all time favorite buttercream recipe.
I divided it into thirds and left one third white, and another yellow and then one orange.
Using a knife, I frosted about 1/3 of the cookies with the white frosting.
I put the yellow and the orange frosting into decorating tubes and used a small round tip. I then just squiggled the frosting onto the cooking. First I did the orange in the middle and then sprinkled with some orange sanding sugar.
Next was the yellow and some yellow non-pariels.
Isn’t that a cute little candy corn inspired cookie. And the best part? They are delicious. So I guess Mariel does have the BEST sugar cookie recipe but I think I still have the PERFECT sugar cookie recipe. There is room in this world for more than one awesome sugar cookie!!
Just in case you are not as in to candy corn as I am or you just want a little easier way to decorate these cookies you could do what I did – just squiggle one color of frosting over the cookie and add some sprinkles!
They will be just as delicious and almost as cute!!
This recipe makes a lot of cookies. I cut the recipe in half and it worked beautifully.
Candy Corn Cookies
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 4 sticks softened butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 TBS. buttermilk
- 3 sticks butter softened
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- whipping cream or 1/2 and 1/2 – enough to thin frosting to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until somewhat smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the buttermilk to make the dough soft, not wet.
- Roll into med/small balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until done, about 12 minutes until the edges barely start to show a golden color...could take up to 15 minutes, or more.
- Remove from oven and let them rest on the cookie sheet
- for several minutes.
- Then let cool on wire rack or towel.
- Beat butter in mixer on medium high for 2-3 minutes or until pale and creamy. Reduce speed to medium and add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time. Beat well after each addition increasing speed to high after all sugar is added.
- Add whipping cream or 1/2 and 1/2 – enough to thin frosting to desired consistency
- Add vanilla and food coloring if desired. Beat until buttercream is smooth. Can be refrigerated for several days if covered. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using and beat on low until smooth.
*Lil Luna*Southern Lovely*Trendy Treehouse*Fireflies and Jellybeans* Creations by Kara*Sugar and Dots* Somewhat Simple*House of Hepworth*The 36th Avenue*Tidymom*504 Main*Little Becky Homecky*At the Picket Fence*Whipperberry*Thirty Handmade Days*Six Sisters Stuff * I heart Naptime*It’s Overflowing*Positively Splendid*Or So She Says**Craft-O-Maniac* Sumo Sweet Stuff*Brassy Apple*The Girl Creative*Home Sweet Home *The Southern Institute
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!