Create a beautiful Glitter Letter Ornament just like they sell at Pottery Barn for a lot less the cost!
I am a bit of a themed Christmas tree person. In my family room I have a Joy themed tree. I have lots of Joy ornaments on it.
Pottery Barn Ornament
When I saw the pretty German glitter monogram ornaments at Pottery Barn this year I thought they would be perfect for spelling out Joy on my Christmas tree. I also decided that I could make them for a lot cheaper!
How to Make Glitter Letter Ornaments
- I purchased some German Glass Glitter off of Etsy. You purchase it by the ounce. Once ounce did about 7 letters.
- Cut out desired letter shapes. I used my Silhouette to cut out my letter shapes using the font BEBAS but you could also use stencils that you can pick up at the craft store.
- Trace the letters on to some thin cardboard I It is heavier than poster-board.
- Spray paint the letters silver so that you don’t have to worry about the brown cardboard showing through the glitter.
- Use a foam brush to apply a nice layer of glue. I used Alene’s Tacky Glue.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
Glitter Initial Ornaments
You can create your favorite holiday words or you can use the initials of your family members.
They are fun to give as an ornament or use them as a gift tag too.