Today’s Sweet Treat is usually one of those treats people make at the Christmas holidays but it makes a great Valentine treat too. Especially if you know someone who doesn’t care for chocolate (hard to imagine!)
Spiced nuts are quick and easy to make and you feel like you are almost eating something healthy! At least it’s not pure sugar.
My friend Sherra’s husband is the spiced nut maker at their house and this is his recipe – thanks PhilBillPaul! His recipe calls for almonds but I used pecans instead. Since PhilBillPaul and Sherra are from Georgia I’m sure they won’t mind at all!
I was headed to a cooking class last night – learning to cook with tofu if you can believe it!! Don’t worry – I’m not going totally healthy on you!
I wanted to take a little gift for the hostess of the evening so I wrapped up some of the spiced nuts in a cellophane bag, added a cute gift tag with her initial on it and had a perfect hostess gift!
Who on your Valentine list would enjoy some yummy spiced nuts? How about you?!
- 3 C whole almonds or pecans
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Lightly grease a 15x10x1 jellyroll pan
- Lightly beat egg white; add water and beat until frothy but not stiff
- Add nuts and stir until well coated
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together and sprinkle over nuts and toss to coat (just put everything into a Ziploc bag)
- Spread nuts on pan and bake for 1 hour stirring occasionally
- I turned them every 15 minutes
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook! Do you think your friends would love this too? Please share my blog with them. Thanks!