I still don’t care for pumpkin pie (it’s the texture) but I have learned to love the flavor of pumpkin. I’ve gotfsn a little crazy lately cooking with pumpkin so I have a whole week full of pumpkin recipes for you. Hope you don’t mind
This soup is delicious! The combination of flavors is amazing and it makes for a rich, flavorable soup.
- 1 C canned pumpkin
- 2 carrots, largely chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 6 C water
- 3 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1/2 C half and half
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Place carrots, onions and red peppers on cookie sheet and cover with olive oil.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft but not black
- In a pot boil water and cook potatoes until soft.
- Combine potato, water, garlic and roasted vegetables into blender and puree until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin and puree again.
- Return soup to pot and add in cream and seasonings. Heat gently, Stir often.
Shared at:Today’s Creative Blog *Chef in Training *Not Just a Housewife*Sugar Bee Crafts *Inside BruCrew Life *Home Stories A2Z*Reasons to Skip the Housework*Lil’ Luna *Sew Much Ado ***We Are that Family* SomedayCrafts*Southern Lovely *The 36th Avenue*A Glimpse Inside *Somewhat Simple * Fantabulous Friday*Whipperberry*