Light and fluffy pumpkin dip is the perfect treat to bring to any fall celebration.
Is pumpkin a vegetable or a fruit?
Well, the answer is…..pumpkin is a FRUIT! It is a member of the gourd family and because of it’s fleshy seedy, center it is a fruit not a vegetable.
Pumpkin season is in full swing! I hosted a girls night out craft night at my home the other night and we had several pumpkin themed crafts so a pumpkin treat was definitely in order.
How to Make Pumpkin Dip
- This dip is a combination of cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin puree, marshmallow creme and of course pumpkin pie seasoning! Allow your cream cheese to sit at room temperature so you don’t get lumps in your dip.
- Be sure and use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Keep the dip refrigerated until ready to serve.
- I used some gingersnap cookies to dip into the pumpkin dip so it tasted just like pumpkin pie! And I also had some cinnamon graham crackers which were quite yummy too. Dip away!
Substitute for Pumpkin Pie Spice
Mix together 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, a 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves and a 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Use one teaspoon of this mixture to replace the pumpkin pie spice.
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip could be an appetizer or a dessert. Remember it’s a fruit!
Check out some other yummy pumpkin treats:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 7 oz. jar of marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin and mix until combined
- Add in sugar, marshmallow cream and spice
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
Recipe originally shared on Nov. 15, 2014
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.