Orange Cranberry Bread Recipe
Servings 3 mini or 1 full size loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice fresh squeezed is best
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.
Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.