Baked Ziti with Sausage and Spinach
Dress up a delicious ziti recipe with sausage and spinach to make it a more complete meal.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausages
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- 1 28- ounce can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 C pesto
- 10 ounces ziti or penne pasta about 3 cups, freshly cooked
- 4 cups or hand fulls of baby spinach leaves
- 6 ounces grated or cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is cooked through
Add tomatoes with juices
Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes
Season sauce with salt and pepper
You can prepare up to this point a day ahead and refrigerate
Bring mixture back to simmer before continuing
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Lightly oil 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
Combine pasta, spinach, mozzarella and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl.
Stir in warm hot tomato mixture.
Place in prepared baking dish
Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese over
Bake until sauce bubbles and cheeses melt, about 30 minutes
Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 836mg | Potassium: 550mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 38.7% | Vitamin C: 19.4% | Calcium: 32.7% | Iron: 15.5%