Pecan Pie is not just for Thanksgiving. You are going to want to enjoy these White Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars all year round!
*This post is sponsored for One2One Network on behalf of ACH Food and Karo® Corn Syrup. I am partnering with them as a Become a Better Baker Blog ambassador.*
I was lying in bed reading in the evening after having made these White Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. My husband had been out and I heard him come into the house. A few minutes later I heard him running up the stairs. Not walking, running. I became slightly alarmed, as my husband usually doesn’t run up the stairs. Was something wrong, had something happened??
He walked quickly into our bedroom and said to me, “These are heavenly!!!” Yes, with three exclamation marks. He was eating one of the White Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. “It tastes just like pecan pie!” was his next comment. He is a big fan of pecan pie. I just laughed. I guess he really liked them.
For the next 24 hours, anyone that came to the house was greeted with, “You’ve got to taste these, they are heavenly!” I loved this because my husband is a pretty low-key kind of guy. He doesn’t typically get real excited about anything, except maybe when the Blazers or Mariners are losing. But he got excited about these pecan pie bars!
You know who else would probably get excited about these bars? Mom!
Surprise her on Mother’s Day and show her some love by baking these White Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars. It’s a special treat for a special lady on her special day!
Mix the bars are made with a base of flour, butter, cornstarch and sugar.
The butter into the dry ingredients until small pebbles form.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan and bake for 15 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. One of the things I love about these bars is the ooey gooey middle part thanks toKaro® Syrup
Combine the Karo® Corn Syrup with eggs, vanilla, sugar, pecans and white chocolate chips.
Pour that mixture over the top of your baked crust and bake again for another 35 minutes.
Allow them to cool for a couple of hours to make them easier to cut.
The white chocolate chips are a fun twist to the traditional pecan pie. I loved the flavor addition; it made the bars just that much sweeter. While he was at work the next day, I wrapped up what was left of them, except for a couple, and took them to the neighbors so he wasn’t tempted to eat the whole pan!
If you are not a white chocolate fan you can of course use milk chocolate, semi -sweet or even dark chocolate. The original recipe can be found here on the Karo® syrup website.
White Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar divided
- 1/2 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 3/4 cup butter OR margarine softened
- 1-1/4 cups Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- OR Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 6 ounces chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar and corn starch in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press into pan and bake for 15 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Combine corn syrup, remaining 1-1/4 cups sugar, eggs, salt and vanilla in a large bowl until blended.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust and bake an additional 35 minutes until filling is firm around the edges and slightly soft in center.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before cutting in bars.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.