White Chocolate Brownies are a fun twist on the traditional chocolate brownie. They are rich, smooth and truly decadent!
I love white chocolate. It is usually my chocolate of choice. I know there are people who don’t consider it chocolate but I do!
Be sure to use a good quality white chocolate for this recipe. I usually buy a bar or block of white chocolate instead of white chocolate chips but they will work too. Just make sure it is real white chocolate (not the almond bark or vanilla melts)
Today’s recipe is a white chocolate lover’s paradise. It is full of white chocolate, from top to bottom.
This white chocolate brownie or blondie, if you prefer, is not only full of white chocolate but it is topped with a lovely white chocolate frosting. This is one rich brownie so you won’t have to cut them very big. At first I thought they were a too little rich but as my taste buds adjusted they kept wanting more and more. I found myself slicing little slivers of it off right from the pan. Going back for more and more “tastes.”
How to Make White Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate can be a bit temperamental when melting. It burns very easily so be sure and take it low and slow when melting your white chocolate, especially if you are doing it in a microwave. I often use a double boiler to melt my chocolate so I have a bit more control.
Add sugar and eggs into your melted white chocolate.
Pour the butter/chocolate mixture into your dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow brownies to cool completely before frosting.
White Chocolate Frosting
The frosting for these white brownies is amazing! It also has melted white chocolate in it. Melt your butter and white chocolate together in a microwave or double boiler, again do it slowly.
Add in your sugar, whipping cream and vanilla. This frosting is so smooth and creamy.
Frost cooled brownies with the frosting.
White Chocolate Brownies are a nice alternative to the traditional brownie. You could even top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel for an amazing dessert! Enjoy!
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Other favorite white chocolate recipes:
- Salted White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- White Chocolate Frito Popcorn
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
White Chocolate Brownie Recipe
White Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chopped
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chopped
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream or more to right consistency
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the brownie part melt your white chocolate and butter either in the microwave or a double boiler.
- White Chocolate burns easily so be sure and watch it. Melt it in small increments of time. Whisk in eggs and vanilla and then add in sugar.
- Add in flour and stir to combine.
- Put into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool and then frost.
- Melt butter and white chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, whipping cream and vanilla.
- Frost brownies.
Originally posted JUNE 10, 2020