Make a delicious cherry float at home with ice cream, cherry syrup and lemon lime soda.
Cherry Vanilla Float
When I was young and we would go out to dinner one of my favorite things was when my parents allowed us to order a Shirley Temple. For those of you who may never have even heard of Shirley Temple (a child actress from a really long time ago!) it is a drink named in her honor and is a combination of grenadine (cherry syrup) and 7-up. I always felt so grown up when I was able to order one and they were so yummy.
I decided that a Shirley Temple could be made even better with a little ice cream as a cherry float.
How to Make a Cherry Float
- Purchase grenadine or cherry syrup in the area of the grocery store that has the “mixers.” The things that are usually added into alcoholic drinks.
- Add a couple of Tablespoons of syrup into the bottom of a glass.
- Scoop in vanilla ice cream.
- Fill the glass with 7 -up or some lemon lime soda.
- Top the soda with some w hipped cream, another drizzle of grenadine and top it with a cherry.
Chocolate Cherry Float
For a chocolate cherry version just use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
Tips For Making A Cherry Float
- Use a tall glass to make sure you have room for the soda to bubble
- Chill the glass in the freezer before filling it, this helps keep all your ingredients cold.
- Put your ice cream and cherry syrup into the glass first, then pour the soda over it.
- Slowly pour the soda in the glasses, waiting for it to settle before adding more so it doesn’t bubble over..
So be sure and share the love and make one for someone you love!
For more yummy ice cream treats try:
For all my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Be sure and follow me over on You Tube for weekly cooking demos.
Cherry Float Recipe
- 2 Tbsp grenadine or cherry syrup
- 1 1/2 cups ice cream vanilla or chocolate
- Lemon Lime soda
- whipped cream
- Place 2 Tbsp grenadine in the bottom of the glass.
- Add ice cream
- Pour in soda until full.
- Add whipped cream and a cherry
Leave a Review