You won’t be able to eat just one of these Oreo Balls or little round balls of goodness! Made with only two ingredients they are simple and east to make!
Dessert for a Crowd
Several years ago I was helping a friend with a big church dinner. She asked me to make 175 Oreo Truffles for dessert!! Initially I thought she was crazy and that it would take me all day but she is a good friend so, of course, I said yes. Well, I made 175 Oreo truffles, minus the few that I ate and I couldn’t believe how simple and easy it was. I was done in no time!
Chocolate Dipped Oreo Balls
This version of Oreo truffles are rolled in Oreo cookie crumbs, another fancier version is to dip them into chocolate after forming them into balls. You can find all the details on how to do that over here. There is even a video to show you how.
The easiest and quickest way to make them though is to just roll them in crushed Oreo and they taste delicious!
My husband said they looked like little balls of dirt and they do. But I guarantee they don’t taste like little balls of dirt!
I am not going to tell Tricia how many I ate before delivering them to her house. We started out with about 175 but I’m not sure how many were there by the time they were delivered!!
How to Make Oreo Balls
- Crush 9 of the Oreos in the blender and reserve for later.
- Crush remaining 36 Oreos and keep them separate.
- Beat softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in larger bowl of crushed Oreos.
- Form dough into balls – Make your Oreo Balls about 1 inch around. Using this cookie scoop makes the job easier After forming into a ball, roll them into the reserved crushed Oreo. If you are going to dip them in chocolate you do not need to roll them in the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Place on cookie sheet and refrigerate until firm. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and refrigerate any remaining Oreo Truffles.
Can I Use other Flavors of Oreos to Make Oreo Balls?
Yes! I recently helped at a wedding where they had all different flavors of Oreo Balls using all the fun flavor of Oreo cookies that are available.
Other favorite, easy treats include:
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Oreo Balls Recipe
- 16 oz Oreos 1 package, divided. (45 cookies)
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package, softened
- Crush 9 Oreos in blender and set aside.
- Crush remaining 36 Oreos.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and add 36 crushed Oreos
- Beat until well mixed
- Form into 1 inch balls and then roll in remaining crushed Oreos
- Refrigerate until firm
Originally posted February 6, 2009
If you’ve tried these Oreo Balls or any other recipe on Your Homebased Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how it went in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.