Strawberry Pizza is a delicious and fun way to serve those fresh ripe strawberries!
We picked our first strawberries from the garden this last week. There is nothing like a strawberry fresh out of the garden and warmed by the sun!
I didn’t have to think long about what to make with the strawberries. Traditionally, one of our family’s favorite “first strawberries of the season” recipes is Strawberry Pizza, a sure sign that strawberry season is here. I have been making it for over twenty years without fail. I never have trouble finding the recipe because it is the dirtiest page in the cookbook, a true sign of a great recipe!
I originally shared this recipe back in 2008, not too long after I started this blog. It is totally worthy of a repeat and new photos. It is so good. When Logan saw me post a photo of it on Instagram he quickly asked if I would make it again next weekend when he is home visiting! My kids love this and so do I.
The pizza is made with a tender shortbread or sugar cookie type crust, a layer of cream cheese and then a strawberry glaze and sliced strawberries on top, kind of sounds like our favorite Strawberry Pie , just in a different form! Guess I have a thing for strawberries and cream cheese.
How to Make Strawberry Pizza
- I use my Kitchen Aid to mix up the crust, it will seem a bit cumbly so just use your hands and form it into a ball. It will come together nicely.
- Roll the dough out onto a piece of parchment paper and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sometimes I make it round, sometimes I make it into a rectangular. Depends on my mood.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees F or until lightly golden brown.
- While it is baking and cooling mix up your cream cheese mixture and your strawberry mixture. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled cookie crust.
- Use a food process to smash your strawberries or do it by hand. I like to use the food processor because the sauce doesn’t end up as chunky. Cook the strawberry mixture until it thickens and becomes glossy. It will look cloudy at first but will become more glossy as it thickens. It will take about 5 minutes or so and then cool the mixture. Be sure and stir constantly so it doesn’t burn. Spread the cooled mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- The last step is to add the sliced strawberries. Use a pizza cutter to slice up your strawberry pizza and enjoy!
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
For other strawberry goodness check out these recipes:
Strawberry Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries mashed
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 10-12 strawberries sliced
- In a bowl combine flour, powdered sugar and butter. Form into a ball with hands and press or roll into a 14" circle on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Bake at 325 Degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, vanilla, granulated sugar and lemon juice. Spread on cooled crust.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine strawberries, granulated sugar and cornstarch. Stir and simmer until thick and glossy. Cool.
- Spread on top of cheese filling.
- Cut fresh strawberries crosswise to make circles and place on pizza and serve.
Originally posted in 2008
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Get my Weekly Menu Plan for FREE!
Receive my FREE "What's for Dinner?" Meal Planning Course, a copy of my FREE ebook that includes my most popular recipes and my FREE weekly Meal Plan.