These Salted Butterscotch Cookies are the complete package – crispy, chewy, sweet and salty! The perfect butterscotch cookie recipe.
I am definitely a cookie kind of girl. A fresh, warm cookie out of the oven is pretty much impossible for me to resist. They are my favorite thing to bake and I’ll pick a warm cookie over just about any other baked good
Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and I love paying around with different variations. Today’s recipe for Salted Butterscotch Cookies is one of those variations. I think butterscotch is an often overlooked flavor. It was one of my dad’s favorites. He loved anything butterscotch and these butterscotch cookies reminded me of him. That made them taste even better I think.
Butterscotch chips are easy to find in the baking aisle along with the chocolate chips. The addition of some flaky sea salt on top was the perfect finish to these cookies. The texture of this cookie was perfect in my book. Crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, just like a cookie should be. My favorite salt to use for these can be found here.
What’s your favorited baked treat? Are you a cookie kind of girl too?!
Check out a few more perfect cookie recipes:
- Maple White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes
Salted Butterscotch Cookie Recipe
Salted Butterscotch Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz. butterscotch chips
- 1 Tbsp flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- In a mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add in flour, salt and baking soda. Mix to combine.
- Add in butterscotch chips and mix again, just until combined.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet. About 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle dough with a pinch of salt.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9-10 minutes or until beginning to brown around the edges. Do not over bake. Allow to sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a rack to cool.
Tips & Notes:
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Leave a Review