Roasted Corn Salsa with Strawberries and Avocado is a unique combination and fun alternative to regular chips and salsa! It makes a delicious summer dish.
We had a potluck BBQ on Monday. It never fails that I come away with at least one new great recipe and potlucks are a great opportunity to try out new recipes. I had bought some fresh corn at the Farmer’s Market on Saturday so wanted to do something with it. Earlier in the summer I made a Roasted Corn Salad that I loved and it gave me an idea for a corn salsa recipe.
Corn and Avocado Salsa
I love the idea of corn combined with fruit. It may sound strange, but it is delicious! When I shared the recipe for Corn and Blueberry Salad I didn’t get a single comment. Not one! But once I promised you that you’d love it if you tried it, you gave it a shot and everyone that tried it loved it!
Well, I guess everyone loved the roasted corn salsa at the potluck because it disappeared fast. I got a few tastes but decided I needed to make it again to make sure it really was as good as I remembered it being. We had it for dinner on Tuesday night too. Not only is it delicious, it is pretty too!
How to Make Roasted Corn Salsa
Cook corn in boiling water for half the normal time, only boil for about 3 minutes. Remove from water.
Brush corn with olive oil.
Grill over medium high heat until nice grill marks form.
Cut the corn off the cob and let it come to room temperature. I also grilled the whole jalapeño at the same time, with a little olive oil and then took out the seeds and cut it into small pieces.
After the corn is cooled, combine all the ingredients together. I used a combination of salt, garlic powder and a couple of splashes of red wine vinegar to give it that little kick.
You could probably make this with canned corn when fresh corn is not in season.
For all of my other favorite kitchen products and tools visit my Amazon Store.
Did you know I wrote a cookbook? Check out the Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook for 100 delicious recipes.
Corn Salsa Recipe
Strawberry and Avocado Roasted Corn Salsa
- 3 ears of corn husked.
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 lemon juiced
- Splash or two of red wine vinegar
- Salt and garlic powder to taste
- After husking corn boil it for about half the normal time or about 3 minutes
- Then lightly coat with olive oil and grill until nice grill marks form.
- Also lightly coat the whole jalapeno and grill it to until lightly browned.
- Allow corn to cool a bit and then slice kernels off of cob.
- Bring corn to room temperature.
- Seed the jalapeno and then dice.
- Use 1/2 to the whole depending on how hot you want the salsa.
- Combine corn, strawberries, avocado, red onion and coat in lemon juice.
- Add a splash or two of red wine vinegar and seasonings to taste.
Need some help figuring out what’s for dinner tonight?
Come join our Facebook Group! Join hundreds of others who love sharing dinner time ideas. You don’t want to miss out on the fun!
You’ll find lots of ideas for dinner from all our awesome members and you can share your ideas too! Join the Family Dinner Table today.
Originally posted September 2011